Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gone to the Dogs

I photographed a rare Thursday afternoon wedding today--inside a federal courthouse no less. Melinda Williams, a former clerk to U.S. District Court Judge Alexander Williams, Jr., married Tron Kohlhagen inside the courtroom she once was so familiar with. After the brief ceremony we all went outside and Tron went to fetch their pups. ("Release the hounds" as Mr. Burns might say.) As I was shooting I kept thinking about my previous post about brave brides. But then I realized that bravery wasn't really at play here, just pure love.
Anyway, it made me think about how many dogs I've seen at weddings of late. Just two weeks ago, Lark Dunham married Bruce Flanagan in Arlington, and their dogs were right there for pictures as well. In attendance that day were my friends Alex and Steve, whose wedding on the sandy shore of Lake Michigan I photographed last year.

Alex and Steve had roles for all four of their dogs that amazing night.

And I can't forget the wedding of Kip Mallahan and Carroll Kilty last year at the tiny Harmon Presbyterian Church in Bethesda, Md. They may have trumped everyone, somehow getting their dogs inside the church for a few minutes. Hysterical.

Take care,


Matt (self-portrait with Cooper the Wonder Dog)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home