Monday, September 25, 2006

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Okay, the puns are getting worse with each post, I know. But at least this one is true: I'm here today but I'll be gone for the next few days. We're heading up to New York for the big book party for The Lost, followed by a reading at Barnes and Noble the next night. Should be fun.

Now, for the hair part. There was certainly a lot of it flying around this weekend at the wedding of Christy Weschler and Chris Scango at the Omni Shoreham in D.C. The weather was perfect, the band was awesome, and everyone had a blast. As for the picture above, well, I've shot over 400 weddings and I can't remember anyone's hair doing exactly this!

It's funny--the minute I give a post a title I immediately start to notice trends that fall right into place. So here are a couple of other hair pictures from Saturday, starting with Christy getting ready in the suite at the hotel, with her bridesmaids and flower girls helping out. Since I love children, I always have a fun time photographing the flower girls and ring bearers at weddings. In fact, I can't wait until my own Alexandra gets the nod, so if you need an adorable four-year-old next year, her rates are pretty cheap. :) This past weekend, Erin and Molly got the honors and they did a great job.

I have to go pack and it's 11 p.m., so I'm going to keep this short. I'll leave you guys with some quick picks from the wedding. Christy and Chris are in Barbados right now, but maybe they'll stop by for a quick peek.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hair in the air.... This was a great shot and not just because I am Molly's Dad. You captured something unique that you will probably never see again. Great picture and I look forward to seeing the rest.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home