Monday, April 09, 2007

Matt to speak Wednesday in LA

We love LA!

Well, maybe not love. No offense to Randy Newman and the big nasty redhead at his side, but it took me about fourteen minutes of driving on the 405 to remind myself why I moved away from this town in the first place.

But it's true--I'm back in Los Angeles this week for a cool event. Sinai Temple is hosting my exhibition, In the Footsteps of the Lost, and graciously invited me to come speak at the opening reception. The wine and cheese event is this Wednesday, April 11th at 6:00. I'll talk a bit about the process of photographing the survivors who make up The Lost a bit. And maybe if I have to much wine I'll rant a little about how ridiculously small the photos are in the book. For the thousands of Dark Slide readers on the west coast, come on down and say hi! Sinai Temple is located at 10400 Wilshire Ave.

(Yeah, yeah, for anyone interested, Daniel will be speaking on Friday and Saturday nights at Temple Sinai as well. If you click the ad here you should be able to read the details.)

See ya,



Matt

4 Comments:

Blogger nan said...

LA, Schmel-Ay... I hear you are coming to a big city soon! And we can't wait!

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've been waiting patiently - for many months now..can you give us a hint on when the great unveiling of your new website will be?

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The book is sitting on my kitchen counter. Waiting for me to finish The Satantic Verses by Salman Rushdie. :)

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two reports on Matt's speech at Sinai Temple:

1. http://jpundit.typepad.com/jci/2007/04/yom_hashoah_200.html

2. http://www.oceanguy.us/archives/001859.php

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home