Monday, October 30, 2006

Cue the Minute Waltz

It was a busy twenty-four hours for Matt, including a beautiful wedding on Saturday, a consultation for a June '07 wedding, an album consultation for a May '06 wedding, and three portrait shoots on Sunday. And here I am at 1:38 in the morning. I may not be agent Jack Bauer on 24 but here's my last day:


Saturday 9:00 a.m. Met (and laughed) with Catherine Bennett, her mom, and sister Sarah at the studio in Old Town for next June, 2007. Catherine will be getting married at one of the nicest venues around, Evermay in Georgetown. (I just shot Audra Bielke and Tom Spouse's wedding there two weeks ago--see below.) Raced home to get ready for my afternoon wedding.

Saturday 1:30 p.m. Arrived at Woodend, the Audubon Society's beautiful headquarters in Chevy Chase for the wedding of Rachel Brintnall and Seth Harrington. The first thing I see as I'm parking my car is a bunch of deer looking for food. Hop out of the car and make a cool image of two of them kissing, or at least looking enough like they were kissing that it would make a good wedding story.




Saturday 11:00 p.m. Get home, go to sleep.

Sunday 9:00 a.m. Shoot a portrait job for the Morris family, only a couple of blocks from my house. Savored the extra hour of sleep. But with that hour comes the knowledge that from this day on, afternoon light will be at a premium as the days get shorter and shorter. For photographers this is always a sad day.




Sunday 1:00 p.m. Arrive at Great Falls Park for a portrait shoot with Melody Miller and her family, which includes three of the largest great danes you can imagine. I use to think Cooper was a big guy until I got a look at these amazing animals. Things get off to a humorous start as Pearl, the white one, promptly parks her butt in a huge mud puddle.



Sunday 3:00 p.m. Arrive back home to drop in on a meeting between my wife Maya, who designs all the albums here at Matt Mendelsohn Photography (Maya was formerly a designer at the Newseum, the nation's first museum of journalism) and Ryan Miller and Rebecca Brotman (that's them in the limo), who were married this past May. We've been designing some really gorgeous albums lately using a company in Italy and another in New Zealand. Ask us about them!



Sunday 3:30 p.m. Doorbell rings and it's Tim and Helena de Bertodano, with their three adorable children. We hop over to the park, just in time for the early arrival on the fading sun. The light couldn't be more beautiful.

Sunday 7:00 p.m. Spend a couple of hours downloading almost 40 gigabytes of data onto the server. The next time you guys buy a 512 mb memory card think of me. 40 gigs--an that's just from one weekend of shooting.

Anyway, it's now 2:29 a.m. (even though Blogger is telling me it's 1:41) and I'm going to bed. Yikes.



Matt

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really nice photos! I can't post any photos on my blog at the moment...grr...

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos Matt! Any chance you'll be coming to Chicago any time soon? We need a family portrait now that we have a new member!

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mendelsohn fans demand a blog update!

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home